- Information Collected – We may collect PII for purposes related to our business, to improve the content of the Website and our services, or for any other commercial purpose. The only PII collected from you has been voluntarily submitted and provided to us through your use of the Website or in response to requests for information. We may collect such data for processing that is necessary for providing our services as carried out in our legitimate interests.
- User-provided Information. When you use the Website, you may provide, and we may collect, PII. The types of information that we may collect include but are not limited to: name, address, email address, and phone number. PII also includes other information, such as geographic areas or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual.
- Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Website, we may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including cookies. This “automatically collected” information may include IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the pages or content you view or interact with on the Website, and the dates and times of your access or use of the Website.
- How Collected Information is Used – We may use the information that is collected in a variety of ways in providing the Website, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Operations. We may use PII to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all features of the Website, to provide the services and information that you request, to respond to comments and questions, and to provide user support.
- Improvements. We may use collected PII to understand and analyze usage trends and preferences, to improve the Website, and to develop new services, features, and functionality.
- Communications. We may use PII to communicate with you for administrative purposes such as customer service, updates on policies or terms, and communication relating to services. You may opt out of receiving such communications at any time via a link in the email you receive or by contacting us as provided in the “Contact” section.
- Cookies and Tracking Technology. We may use automatically collected information and other information collected on the Website through cookies and similar technologies to: (i) personalize Website services; (ii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Website; and (iii) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as number of visitors and pages viewed. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiration date, unless deleted by you prior to the expiration date; a session cookie will expire at the end of your use of the Website when the web browser is closed.
- Unrestricted Information. Content generated by you and posted to the Website, or any of our associated social media sites, is your sole and exclusive responsibility and we have no responsibility or liability for or association or involvement with such content. Any information you voluntarily display to the public on the Website will be available to any individual who has access to that content. We cannot and will not guarantee the safety or security of your user-generated content.
- Service Providers. In some events we may work with service providers who provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services. These third parties may have access to or process PII as part of providing such services. We limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions.
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information. We may make certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally identifiable information available to third parties for various purposes, including: (i) compliance with reporting obligations; and (ii) business or marketing purposes.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose PII or other information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a valid court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other government agencies. We also reserve the right to disclose PII or other information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to: (i) take precautions against liability; (ii) protect from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; (iii) investigate and defend against any third-party claims or allegations; or (iv) protect our property or other legal rights, enforce our contracts, or protect the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Your Rights – We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the PII that you may have provided through your use of the Website. If you wish to access or amend any information or PII we hold about you, you may contact us as set forth in the “Contact” section. At your request, we will have any reference to you deleted or blocked from our records. We may retain some information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe there is a legitimate reason to do so. You may, at any time, decline to share certain PII with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Website.
- At any time, you may object to the processing of your PII, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law. You always have a right to lodge a complaint with data protection authorities. If you receive commercial emails from us, you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by selecting the unsubscribe link in the email or contacting us as set forth in the “Contact” section. Please be aware that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process your request. Additionally, even after you opt-out from receiving commercial messages, you may continue to receive administrative messages regarding the Website.
- Children – We take all steps necessary to protect children and to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). Strict security procedures ensure that data and information collected from children is not disclosed to unauthorized parties.
- PII of children is not disclosed to third parties.
- Parents or guardians have the right to review their child’s PII collected by us, request that their child’s PII collected by us be revised or deleted, or refuse to allow further PII to be collected by us by contacting us at the address provided in the “Contact” section.
- Data Security – We follow generally accepted standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect PII against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse, and any other unlawful form of processing of the PII in our possession. This may include, for example, firewalls, SSL technology, application-layer security features, password protection, and other access and authentication controls. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. If you believe your PII has been compromised, please contact us at the address provided in the “Contact” section. If we learn of a security systems breach, we will inform you and the authorities of the occurrence of the breach in accordance with applicable law.
- Data Retention – We only retain the PII collected from you for a limited period of time as long as we need such data to fulfill the purposes for which it was initially collected, unless otherwise required by law. We will retain and use information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolution of disputes, and enforcement of our agreements.
- EU-US Privacy – We make all best reasonable efforts to comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation framework as set forth by the European Union regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries. We adhere to the requirements of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement.
- California Residents – The California Consumer Privacy Act provides some California residents with the additional rights listed below, if applicable.
- Right to Know. You have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- The business purpose for collecting your personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you (and direct our service providers to do the same). There are a number of exceptions, however, that include, but are not limited to, when the information is necessary for us or a third party to do any of the following:
- Provide you a good or service:
- Perform a contract between us and you;
- Protect your security and prosecute those responsible for breaching it;
- Fix our system in the event of a bug, virus, or malware;
- Protect the free speech rights of you or other users;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code §1546 et seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interests that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of the information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Exercising your California Privacy Rights. To request access to or deletion of your PII, or to exercise any other data rights under California law, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact” section.
Camp Christmas c/o Hanzon Studios, Inc.
1585 Glen Bar Drive
Lakewood, Colorado 80215